Opening for Administrative Assistant (16-24 hrs/week)
- Published: Thursday, 15 January 2015 10:57
- Region: Soil and Water Conservation District Administrator
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to perform administrative duties on a part-time basis. This position is limited to 16-24 hours/week. Regular office hours are 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; closed all federal holidays.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills
- Operate computer, copier, and various other pieces of office equipment.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks software
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance as scheduled.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides bill paying processing support.
- Generates invoices and records payments.
- Makes bank deposits
Board and Staff Support
- Prepares reports needed for board meetings; makes copies and prepares board mailing.
- Coordinates registration and reservations for supervisors and staff at various meetings.
Special Projects Coordination and Assistance
- Provides support for special events as needed, including Ag Appreciation Breakfast, 5th grade farm tour, and annual meeting
- Records district tree sales order forms, coordinates mailings, receipts, and deposits
- Assists with Affiliate Membership Program by maintaining and updating mailing lists, creating yearly solicitation letters, receiving donations and preparing and distributing thank you letters and participation plaques.
- Provides support for soil testing program.
- Provides support for subdivision reviews.
Other Administrative Duties
- Acts as receptionist answering phone, taking messages, receiving visitors and assisting with their needs.
- Types correspondence, completes reports and handles various mailings.
- Enters data into SWIMS database system as needed
- Places orders for office supplies as needed.
- Files and maintains records
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Supervision: This position is under the daily supervision of the Program Administrator.
Your performance of each duty in this position will be evaluated against the requirements developed for this position. A formal review will be conducted and discussed with you by your supervisor annually. Your performance rating is an overall evaluation of your performance in the judgment of your supervisor. It will be the basis for any merit pay increases granted by the district board.