Our mission is working with our community to protect and improve the health and environment of those who live, work, and play in Holmes County.
We will achieve this mission by providing services to:
- Protect against unsanitary conditions and environmental hazards
- Monitor health status of people to identify community health problems
- Investigate disease, health problems, and health and safety hazards in the community
- Inform, educate and empower people about health and safety issues
- Prevent epidemics and the spread of disease
- Prevent injuries
- Promote the choice of healthy behaviors
- Respond to disasters and assist in recovery
- Evaluate the quality and accessibility of personal and community health services
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
- Seek adequate funding and other resources to provide the essential public health services
- Enforce laws, rules and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
Respect: Caring for people, communities, and the environment.
Ethical: We aim to do the right thing.
Quality: To be the best in everything we do.
Community focused: Ensure the health and safety of our community and protect the environment in all that we do.
Financial stewardship: We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us by the public.